Tips to Avoid Foreclosure
Are you experiencing difficulties making your payments on your mortgage loan with Self-Help Federal Credit Union? Let us show you options available to avoid a negative credit report and foreclosure of your home.
Here is a list of documents you will need before you meet with a Self-Help Federal Credit Union representative:
- A recent pay stub and W-2. If you are self employed, your most recent tax return will be necessary.
- Your most recent mortgage statement or statements for your home.
- Provide a list of your current monthly obligations, including child support and alimony.
Contact Self-Help Federal Credit Union at 209-235-1100 or 800-731-4477 and schedule an appointment so we can assist you with your situation.
We will discuss options that may be available to your unique situation.
Options may include:
- Refinancing your loan.
- Modification of the terms of your existing loan.
- Consolidation of debts to reduce monthly payments.
- HUD approved counseling or a consumer credit counseling agency.
- Short Sale consideration or selling your home for less than the loan amount.
If you would like to speak to an approved HUD counseling service representative, please call (800) 569-4287.