VISA DEBIT/CREDIT TRAVEL & SECURITY
At Premier Community Credit Union your safety is important to us so please read these safety tips for using ATMs. ATM access has become a part of our everyday lives. Because we have grown accustomed to using ATMs on a regular basis, we don't always think about taking precautions. It's important to protect yourself from theft and here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Don't give your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone who is not authorized to access your account.
- Memorize your PIN - don't carry it with you.
- Your VISA® Debit Card should be safeguarded like cash. Keep it in a secure place.
- Report unauthorized use of your VISA Debit Card to the credit union right away.
When using the ATM:
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- If you are visiting an ATM at night, make sure it is in a well-lit, public area.
- When making deposits, have everything ready in advance.
- Shield the screen while entering your PIN.
- Put your cash, receipt and card back into your wallet immediately.
- Count your cash at home.
- If you notice anyone nearby or someone asks you to withdraw cash for them, leave at once.
- Report any unusual activity to Premier Community immediately.
Do you know what to do if your identity is stolen, or better yet how to help prevent it? The Federal Trade Commission can help.
Phishing, what is it and how can you avoid becoming a victim? Click here for more information.
Like to shop online? Go secure, by using your PCCU Visa Debit Card or Credit Card, at sites that support Verified by Visa. You can make purchases online and feel secure knowing that the merchant is validating the use prior to accepting your card. If you are already signed up for Verified by Visa and you have been reissued a new Visa Debit Card or Credit Card for any reason other than the normal reissue, you will need to activate the new card here.
Your VISA® Debit Card and VISA® Credit Card purchases are monitored by the fraud detection system. This system uses your purchase history to detect possible fraudulent activity. Should you need to contact the Fraud Center, you may reach them at the following telephone numbers:
VISA® Debit Card
VISA® Credit Card
When planning a trip abroad or another state with your VISA Credit Card or VISA Debit Card, we recommend you complete a Travel Notification Form to help safeguard your account from unauthorized access. Providing basic travel information such as dates and destinations along with travel contact information can reduce the chances that your legitimate transactions will not be blocked and help us to contact you faster if fraud is suspected. Premier Community Credit Union's fraud detection system works 24/7/365 to protect your funds.
To submit your completed Travel Notification Form please visit your nearest service center or fax to 209-235-1121.
Russia, Romania, China, Singapore, and Hong Kong have higher fraud risk levels. Your VISA Debit Card will not work in these countries without completing a Travel Notification Form. Stored Value Cards such as pre-paid VISA cards are recommended when traveling to these countries.
Important numbers to carry when traveling:
VISA Debit Card
To report your VISA Debit Card lost or stolen: 800-754-4128
VISA Debit Card Fraud Center (US Toll Free): 888-241-2440
Outside US call collect: 909-941-1034
VISA Credit Card
To report your VISA Credit Card lost or stolen: 800-682-6075
VISA Credit Cardholder Services, including fraud (US Toll Free): 800-237-6211
VISA Global Travel Assistance emergency cash & card replacement (US Toll Free): 800-VISA-911
Outside US call collect: 410-581-9994