Member Education - Mobile Banking
With Remote Deposit AnywhereTM, you can deposit checks safely and securely using your camera smartphone without having to visit a service center or ATM. Here are some measures to take to protect yourself and the important information on your mobile device.
• Password protect the mobile device - pick a password that is easily hard to figure out
• Download signed applications from trusted sources only
• For Android mobile devices, do not enable Android’s “install from unknown sources” feature.
• Do not store usernames and passwords on the device.
• Keep the mobile device secure when not in use.
• Frequently delete credit union text messages.
• Notify the credit union and carrier immediately if the mobile device is lost or stolen for deactivation.
• Do not modify the mobile device as it may disable important security features.
• Install antivirus software.
• Check your account often and notify the credit union of any unauthorized transactions.
• Do not provide personal information, such as Social Security numbers, credit/debit/ATM card numbers and account numbers to sources that you do not trust.
• Do not open attachments or click on links contained in emails received from unfamiliar sources.